Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in Placerville for Matt's 11 year reunion, for Glory


We got to Placerville at about 5 am. Matt and I were pretty tired but the kids were wide awake and so happy to see their beloved Nana. I had an early morning date with my mom to the sac temple. We had the greatest time together. I never thought I would grow up to be so much like my mom. I tried to do some rounds and got to meet up with three of my seven brothers at the job site and two sisters. My family makes the most beautiful homes. Those cookie cuter homes don't stand a chance.

The cousins always have a blast.

Oey had never seen saw dust and loved picking it up and throwing it on himself.

Merry and I. She is only 18 months younger and is expecting her 5th baby.

Grandma took us to the city pool because we were dying of heat.

Ready for the big reunion

We got to sit at the best table, Matt, Art and Sierra. Sierra is the biggest sweetheart who threw the whole thing together.

Steph and Jeff

Matt and I

Matty won the cheaper by the dozen award. Well, shared it with another fellow Mormon. There was another couple who had four kids (another Mormon but they didn't make it to the dinner, too bad). Matt's new best friend is Art and they talked the night away.

At the river the next day. Still part of the reunion and you got to bring your kids. This is me with Lacey, one of glory's many friends who I got to catch up with, and that's her husband in the background doing the sasquatch walk perfectly.

matty and art with their babes in arms. They floated down the river without the kids and talked the whole time, I couldn't get a good picture of them. Matt's brother and sister plus spouses came to the river also. Afterwards we went to Heather's and swam in her pool.

later that night we got together with old friends Zack and Rebecca, who didn't want to go to the reunion, and walked main street and took in a little concert that Darin was videotaping for his friend. They were super good and cute. We ended the night with The Dark Knight and I got to see two more sisters.

Sunday morning came quickly and jarom wouldn't let us leave town without stopping by the old placerville ruins.



good bye Placerville.

5 comments:

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

Looked like a lot of fun. Merry is pregnant again.. Wow. I will have to call her. Brandon says he was hoping that at least one weekend this summer he would be the one doing something awesome while you were at home doing nothing. Guess not. Let's get together sometime.

heather said...

i love when you guys are in placerville! i miss you here!

Glory Watts said...

Amy, it was beautiful, thank you. I'm so glad you guys had so much fun and that you could run into my old friends, I wish I could have been there!

Kari said...

Amy, you are absolutely gorgeous! How fun that looked. My 10 yr is next weekend!

Susan said...

I'm so glad I got to see you for that quick trip. My grandbabies are the light of my life! I miss you all too much.