Monday, August 22, 2011

first day of school


backpacks on and lunches packed

my 3rd grader... grinning behind clenched teeth asking me why does he have to smile, he's not even excited for school to start. He did pick out his back to school shirt paired with the shorts he wore yesterday insisting they are clean.

my 2nd grader on the other hand was up rearing to go. wanting me to curl her hair and asking me what shoes she should wear.

wishing them the best, hoping they make new friends, and know that O and I will be missing them


1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

oh man how i love them. my heart just dies. they are the best kids in the world, with the most pizazz and personality. second and third grades are the best grades ever; i hope they have a blast and i miss them every moment of every day. you and o too!!! and my mattie.